Beauty in Bloom: Mesmerizing Outdoor Portraits with Spring Flowers
![]() |
| My husband and me |
My husband and I have been empty nesters for the past two months, and I have to admit—I don’t like it. The house is just too quiet. Our two oldest, both in their 30s, have been living in LA for a few years now, but our youngest has always been home. That is, until recently. For the past couple of months, she’s been traveling across the country as the assistant stage manager for a children’s musical.
When her show made a stop in Baltimore, she texted to say she had a couple of days off. We jumped at the chance to see her! Since my brother lives just outside of D.C., we picked her up on our way down and spent the weekend with him. While chatting, the topic of the Cherry Blossom trees came up. A quick online search told us we were just a little too early for peak bloom, but we figured there might be some trees flowering already—so we decided to head into the city. And we were so glad we did!
I absolutely love taking outdoor pictures in the spring, surrounded by trees and flowers in bloom. The burst of color adds something extra special to every shot. Whether you're caught up in the moment like we were or planning a professional photo session, flowers have a way of making portraits even more magical.
If you're looking to add that special touch to your outdoor portraits this spring, give me a call. I’d love to help you create images you'll cherish for years to come!
![]() |
| Mom, Dad, and Daughter |


Comments
Post a Comment